Tuesday 21 August 2012

On Your Screen Link-up! 90s T.V shows!


It's that time again!



This week, the theme is favourite 90's T.V shows.

I had HEAPS of trouble trying to find my favourite show from the 90's. I was born in 1992, so that gives me 8 years of 90s T.V show experience. A lot of shows to decided from. I thought to myself, I could go with the obvious choices - Friends, Full House etc. Or, I could name some of the cartoons that I grew up watching - Hey Arnold, Dexter's Lab, The Pinky and The Brain, Captain Planet...
But no, I thought I'd go with a show I've actually only started watching this year. Sadly, this show only went for one season from late 1999 to early 2000. 
Drum roll.....

Freaks & Geeks!


I wish this had more than one season. It's a show set in high school during the 80's, and revolves around two groups of students - The Freaks and The Geeks. Lindsay (played by Linda Cardellini of ER fame) decides, much to her brothers dismay, to start hanging out with the 'Freaks' - a group of deadbeats that aren't viewed so favourably by the rest of the school. Her brother and his friends make up the 'Geeks'. The show follows both groups as they deal with the pressures of high school, things like bullying, peer pressure, drugs/alcohol and relationships.

The cast is really cool, and is comprised of actors that are very successful today. James Franco, Jason Segel, Seth Rogen and Busy Phillips are the 'Freaks'. It's really cool to see them back in the day, and to see that they are still friends today. Jason Segel hasn't really changed at all.

If you've never watched this, definitely check it out. 

3 comments:

  1. This show looks really cool..I love watching famous people when they were younger..I'll defs have to check this one out xx

    beyondtheflash.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never watched it, but I thank that show every time I see Jason Segel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this show and really liked it! I didn't realize the little brother now plays Dr. Sweets on Bones.

    ReplyDelete