Hello there. It's been a while. I have been having a major blogging mindblank of late (or lifeblank, that's probably more accurate). Sorry bout that. BUT...I'm back for Coffee Talk! Head on over to Nat's newly-revamped blog to join in!
1. What are your winter 'must-haves'?
Anything warm. Winter here in New Zealand gets rather chilly, seeing as we're at the bottom of the world and all. So think big woolly blankets, socks, scarves. Scarves are very important. Hot chocolate, or any chocolatey beverage is always good. Also a good strong umbrella - as it rains A LOT here in winter. I have parted with many many umbrellas unceremoniously in the wind.
|This has happened to 99% of my umbrellas.|
2. What is on your Christmas wishlist this year?
Oh so many things that I won't receive. An iPhone mainly. Defs wont be getting that. I'm not really expecting much to be honest, as the fam and I are only having a very small Christmas this year. I pretty much would be very appreciative of any sum of money. I desperately need to save for my year away in Florida next year.
3. What is your favourite holiday coffee/tea/alcoholic beverage?
Anything that's available. Sounds really boring but I'm being honest. Except wine or beer - they're gross. I have been reading on other blogs all about these yummy sounding Starbucks drinks. They sound sooo good! C'mon NZ Starbucks, keep up with your motherland!
4. Top 3 must-have holiday desserts?
1. Cheesecake. My mum makes this ah-mah-zing berry and dark chocolate cheesecake sometimes. It's so sweet that one slice gives you diabetes, but its soooooooo good! Looks a little something like this...
For numbers 2 &3, see above.
5. What time do you get up to open presents with your family? Do you clean up right away or do you leave it there in a pile until right before trash day?
I used to lie awake in bed when I was little and try to catch Santa (more like Dad) sneaking in and putting my presents on the end of my bed. Nowadays, Christmas morning is way more laid-back. In my family, Christmas Eve is actually when all the shenanigans go down - we always play some kind of interactive game, like cranium etc while having a few drinks - and then Christmas Day we have a big breakfast or lunch and just relax and do nothing for the rest of the day.
6. What is your new years resolution?
I've only ever made one new years resolution, and that was to get my drivers license. I'm one for one! This year it is to get into shape for my trip to America. It's going to be really difficult, especially since I am literally the laziest person ever. But I'll be so mad at myself if I don't, so, wish me luck!
That's it for coffee talk this week! Hope you all have fantastic Christmases!
- xoxo Rach.